757-487-0187 | CALL FOR A FREE QUOTE TODAY
While there are some similarities between fibers used in carpet and upholstery cleaning, many of the subtle differences are where problems may occur. The differences are in the weaves, dyes and blends as well as the sizing used in many of the more delicate fabrics. Before beginning the cleaning:
Inconspicuous areas are tested for colorfastness
If there are woven patterns, testing must be done to determine if there is more than 1 fiber being used. In some instances such as a cotton and polyester blend, the cotton could shrink while the polyester does not and causes the fabric to “pucker”.
Because we are trained and certified by the IICRC, we are familiar with the varied characteristics of the wide variety of fabrics and blends and also are knowledgeable in a variety of safe cleaning methods.
Before / After
For a free quote, get in touch with us today
Before / After
Upholstery is More Delicate Than Carpet
While upholstery is more delicate than carpet, a good knowledge of fiber characteristics is critical in obtaining the best cleaning possible without damage. Often, technicians are faced with pet issues, spills or food residues that requires special additives to the cleaning solutions to remove or treat these issues.
Care must also be taken when furnishings being cleaned have been exposed to direct sunlight for any extended period of time, as this can cause degradation of the material.
We offer a special fabric protector which may be applied after cleaning, which protects not only from spills and soiling, but also has an ultraviolet blocker to protect against degradation from sunlight. Fabric protectors usually remain effective for approximately 5 years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long will it take for my carpet to dry?
Our systems are specially designed to remove more water. As a result, our systems also remove a higher amount of suspended soil. Consequently, our system ensures that spots almost never come back.
Another benefit of our systems is that the carpet dries much faster than standard carpet cleaning systems. So, instead of taking days to dry, our system allows the carpet to dry in just a few hours.
Are your products safe and effective?
Above all, cleaning solutions used by MasterKleen are screened for safety and effectiveness. Most cleaning solutions are approved by a certifying body to be “green” and are tested for effectiveness by The Carpet and Rug Institute. Conveniently, our cleaning solutions are toxin-free and safe for kids and pets.
Should I vacuum before the cleaner arrives?
- Generally, we recommend that you vacuum your carpet at least once or twice a week. However, households with children or pets - or more highly trafficked areas - might require more frequent vacuuming.
- If you vacuum weekly, then it is not necessary to vacuum before MasterKleen comes to your house.
Will Masterkleen move furniture during the cleaning?
- For your convenience, we clean open areas and will move small furniture (chairs, ottomans, small coffee tables, etc.)
- If you want larger furniture moved, we can give you an estimate for the additional service.
What should I do before the carpet cleaners arrive?
- A good rule of thumb would be to pick up the floor as if you were doing regular vacuuming.
- We ask that you pick up any loose items, which might include toys, books, or breakables. Additionally, please relocate any small pieces of furniture (such as dining room chairs or magazine racks) from the areas to be cleaned before we arrive.
- If you have any small furniture that you know you want moved ahead of time, please relocate them to another area.