757-487-0187 | CALL FOR A FREE QUOTE TODAY
Servicing: Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk and Virginia Beach
There are some similarities between fibers used in carpet and upholstery. Be that as it may, problems may occur where there are subtle differences. The differences are not only in the weaves. But also, dyes and blends as well as the sizing used in many of the more delicate fabrics. We are your expert upholstery cleaning company. Before cleaning begins:
Inconspicuous areas are tested for colorfastness
If there are woven patterns, testing must be done to determine if there is more than 1 fiber being used. Especially, with cotton and polyester blends. In fact, the cotton could shrink while the polyester does not. Which, causes the fabric to “pucker”.
IICRC Certified Upholstery Cleaning Company
We are IICRC trained and certified. Which means, we are familiar with the varied characteristics of the wide variety of fabrics and blends. Not to mention, we are also knowledgeable in a variety of safe cleaning methods.
Before / After
For a free quote, for carpet cleaning, get in touch with us today
Before / After
Upholstery is More Delicate Than Carpet
Best Upholstery Cleaning Possible Without Damage
Upholstery is more delicate than carpet. With this in mind, a good knowledge of fiber characteristics is critical in obtaining the best cleaning possible without damage. Often, technicians are not only faced with pet issues. But also, spills or food residues. All of which, require special additives to the cleaning solutions to remove or treat these issues.
Cleaning furnishings exposed to direct sunlight takes great care. Especially, for any extended period of time. Because, this can cause degradation of the material.
We offer a special fabric protector which may be applied after cleaning. Which, protects not only from spills and soiling, but also has an ultraviolet blocker. That protects against degradation from sunlight. Fabric protectors usually remain effective for approximately 5 years.
We Have Over 30 Years of Carpet Cleaning Experience
We are an IICRC certified master cleaner with over 30 years of experience. Our knowledge is not only our single greatest tool for solving problems. But also, in obtaining superior results. We understand the propensities of various textiles and determining cleaning solutions. Solutions that best fit any given situation. This is the basis for our exceptional science based results.
Whether you have a level loop olefin or a plush pile nylon. A delicate silk rug or an antique oriental wool, Masterkleen is your local expert for all your cleaning needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of Masterkleen
How long will it take for my carpet to dry?
Our systems are specially designed to remove more water. As a result, our systems also remove a higher amount of suspended soil. Consequently, our system ensures that spots almost never come back.
Additionally, a benefit of our systems is that the carpet dries much faster. Faster than standard carpet cleaning systems. So, instead of taking days to dry. Our system allows the carpet to dry in just a few hours.
Are your products safe and effective?
MasterKleen's cleaning solutions are screened for safety and effectiveness. In fact, a certifying body has approved most cleaning solutions to be “green.” Also, the Carpet and Rug Institute has tested the cleaning solutions for effectiveness. Not to mention, our cleaning solutions are toxin free and safe for kids and pets.
Should I vacuum before the cleaner arrives?
- Generally, we recommend that you vacuum your carpet at least once or twice a week. However, households with children, pets or more highly trafficked areas might require more frequent vacuuming.
- If you vacuum weekly, then it is not necessary to vacuum before MasterKleen comes to your house.
Will Masterkleen move furniture during the cleaning?
- For your convenience, we clean open areas. In addition, we will also move small furniture. Such as, chairs, ottomans, small coffee tables, etc.
- Also, if you want larger furniture moved. We can give you an estimate for the additional service.
What should I do before the carpet cleaners arrive?
- A good rule of thumb is to pick up the floor as if you were doing regular vacuuming.
- We ask that you pick up any loose items. Which might include toys, books, or breakables. Additionally, please relocate any small pieces of furniture from the areas to be cleaned before we arrive. Such as, dining room chairs or magazine racks.
- If you have any small furniture that you want moved ahead of time. Please relocate them to another area.