Not all Carpet Cleaners know Oriental & Area Rugs
Trust your Investment with Masterkleen
Oriental Rug Cleaning / Area Rug Cleaning
For over 27 years Masterkleen has specialized in cleaning Oriental & Area Rugs. Our cleaning techniques might seem old fashioned and labor intensive but by far the most effective and least corrosive to your rugs. We know that these types of rugs become part of your family being passed from generation to generation.
In order for them to last for future generations they must be professionally cleaned, handled properly and dried in a temperature controlled facility. Too many times we’ve seen other companies attempt to clean these rugs in the same manner as your regular carpet.
Masterkleen offers a thorough cleaning of your fine rugs and we have a very effective rug cleaning facility. To clean an Oriental rug properly, it should be cleaned in an environment where it can be properly dried. We clean rugs from all over the world. The process in which we clean is a follows:
- The rug is thoroughly inspected for damage and tested for dye stability.
- A pile lifter and vacuum is used to remove as much dry soil as possible.
- The rug is then sprayed with a Wool-safe approved preconditioning agent and dye stabilizer,
- The rug is shampooed with an Oriental Rug Shampoo.
- After thoroughly rinsing and extracting the rug and cleaning the fringe, the rug is hung to dry in our controlled dry room.
Additional options include moth protection treatment, rug fiber protector and pet odor removal.
Suggested Questions for a Oriental and Rug Cleaning Company:
When you are evaluating rug companies for services, you must consider asking the following questions for value-added rug cleaning and to ensure you’re protecting your treasured heirlooms.
- Does the cleaning company offer FREE PICKUP & DELIVERY with rug cleaning and servicing?
- Does the cleaning company include the following FREE services: moving furniture (not including breakables), rolling and relaying rugs?
- Is the cleaning company experienced with washing thousands of rugs?
- Does the cleaning company outsource their rugs to an outside cleaning company?
- Does the cleaning company hand wash the customer’s rugs in their own facility?
- Does the cleaning company have a Quality Control team that inspects my rug before it’s washed and determines which process would be best?
- Does the cleaning company guarantee 100% odor removal for rugs which qualify for washing?
- Does the cleaning company rinse the rug after scrubbing until the water runs clean?
- Does the cleaning company offer stain removal and color restoration for rugs damaged by permanent staining?
- Drying time is one of the most important elements of cleaning rugs properly, (moisture is a haven for bacteria.) Does the cleaning company have temperature-controlled drying rooms?